View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #101
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCO23 View Post
@Italia, interesting thing is.. I leased it and bought when lease was over last year. I guess I'm now paying the consequences but at the same time, never liked automatic transmission unless they're the ZF or DCT's.
I'm confident right customer will show up eventually who's a real "enthusiast".
Don't worry, someone will scoop up an Msport with 6MT. That's hard to find. Gorgeous car you got there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I don't get this "need" for manual transmission. My cars have only been manual, I have driven some automatics/dual-clutches, and I can't say what I prefer more. It depends on the car. If a comfortable/luxury car, I'd prefer automatic, if a simple/hard-core/fun car I'd prefer manual.

I really don't see what is so special about driving a manual, most privately owned cars in Europe are manual, or other wise said, the more expensive the car, the less likely to be manual. You won't find too many manual BMW 530d, but very many of 318d are manual.

I don't know, but driver involvement has little to do with manual. It is about the whole package. I have really no fun driving 60 PS cars, eventhough they have manual.

Exactly. And very often the financial aspect is also a decisional factor.
If it was my only car, yes I would "need" a manual, but this is personal preference, you don't have to try to understand it. Luckily, I'm able to own more than one car, so the M3 is manual (my fun car) and the 4Runner is automatic (DD). I appreciate that after a long day, I can just put the car in drive and cruise. I also appreciate that I can be driving in slower traffic but enjoy changing gears. Because let's be honest, how much fun is a V8 M3 when you are just driving around at 3000 RPM and 30 mph?

- One can argue a Porsche Cayman should be had with PDK because it's low relatively low power, so the PDK takes advantage of that and squeezes all the performance of the engine.
- The other person can argue, since it's not the most powerful engine, why not get MT so you can really enjoy a hell of a sports car. Hell there will always be a faster car out there so what are you trying to prove(think GTR, Corvette ect...) ?

Who is right? Both. It's all down to personal choice, which is why I hope we are still given the option.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0