View Single Post
      06-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #108
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

I wish I could reply to everyone personally but 150+ notifications is a little much, so I will try to answer/address some of the most common concerns.

First off, thank you to all the positive and well wishing comments. I've passed them on to my friend.

To the negative comments, you are entitled to your opinions. I agree with many saying he was pushing his car too hard. He has driven that road many times before and the group left around 5am to avoid contact with any cars/people that are not involved with us.

In complete honesty I probably wouldn't be defending him if he was not my friend. However, we all make mistakes, some more severe than the other. We are thankful that this turned into a learning experience and as you can tell from the video and pictures he has learned his lesson the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanto///M View Post
DAMN! Glad to hear that the driver is alright. The structure of the car held up pretty well. The A pillar was a little bent and the roof wasnt that caved in. Suprising since he had a sunroof. The car can be replaced, the person can't so i'm glad he made it. Any broken bones?
Thank you for your post; no broken bones, few minor scratches on the passenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3 View Post
OMG glad that he survived thats scary as hell!!!...BMWs are amazingly safe..I myself flipped my E90 M3 3 times and walked away not a scratch...kudos to how safe they are and stay safe out there my friend
Wow, glad your'e okay. They are definitely safe automobiles.. Stay safe as well buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
So I guess it's the sequel to this video:

Understeered right off. Really glad to see he was OK though, that's terrifying.
Believe it or not I have many mutual friends with that guy. He now drives a Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
OH MY GOD. that was insane. I see videos with sensational titles all the time -- almost never do they live up to the title... This one does.

Just wow. I'm sending this to some street-racer type drivers I know.
Glad I picked a right title haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDy80 View Post
Glad he made it out there alive. Especially without taking someone else down with him, imagine a car coming from the other way?
Although they left around 5am to avoid contact with other cars/people, you really never know. I would hate to imagine what would happen if this was a collision with another vehicle. Thankfully it wasn't..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ View Post
Holy SHIT! Where was this?
Tortilla Flats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-Tom View Post
Pretty sure its Tortilla flat Arizona, the road to Canyon lake, super fun road
Correct!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Glad he's OK.

Also glad that my wife & toddler weren't coming the other way.

Agree with everyone here who points out that idiots like this kill innocent people every day and think it's an 'accident'. Stay off the roads until you can drive responsibly.
I was ignoring posts like "what if he hit another car", I was thinking it is highly unlikely that someone would be driving on a backroad at 5am (they left early to avoid contact with any other cars/people).

Your post gave me a chill, because after reading it I thought to my self what if someones family was coming back from a camping trip, what then?

It's something I don't like to think about; and although the possibility is there, we are glad it only ended in minor scratches. My friend learned his lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
my worst nightmare..
these cliffs are soooo dangerous sometimes people really underestimate the turns and when they lose just a little bit control of the steering, it's "all downhill" from there.

(sorry lol, had to...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Guys, it's the feel-good movie of the year.
These are on point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid21177 View Post
is this somewhere in AZ ?? - the road looks familiar
Yup, Tortilla Flats..

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-streets View Post
not sure if mentioned already but that must have been one hell of a camera. it didnt fall off and was still able to pull vid of it.
I agree! Camera is a GoPro Hero 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I don't give a crap about your friend or the fact that his M3 is totaled. The only thing that kept going through my mind was "what if my wife was coming the opposite direction and he hit her head on".

What an imbecile.
Why is your wife heading down a remotely deserted mountain backroad alone at 5am?