10-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #32
Ian335xd
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillies View Post
My build date is late July / early August 2019, delivered September 1st with live cockpit and pretty quiet exhaust. There is no impact on the exhaust note when selecting M2 mode which is set to maximum in all aspects. I am currently driving a 2019 model year demonstrator (while BMW have mine) and it sounds incredible!

BMW are stating there was a build change in in July and claim the competition now has the "M" logo on the dashboard on start up (in place of the "M Competition") and the exhaust note is quietened due to the addition of an inline fuel particulate filter that stops un-burnt fuel in the exhaust which was used to create the pop's and bangs. Finding it very difficult to believe BMW would change the noise of the comp given how well it was received. My car sounds muted and frankly a bit dull.

I have also checked the BMW web page and when describing the competition they no longer reference the sports exhaust!

Appreciate anyone's guidance on this, I feel a little broken!
I bought a new M5 (Non Comp)last week with the new dash and sports exhaust and my car makes no pop and bangs, I test drove a M5 with the sports exhaust and the noise from the exhaust was fantastic.
I have looked into the petrol particulate filter and from what I can see on BMW's part catalogue the car I test drove has the same filters fitted as mine and I was led to believe that these filters have been fitted for sometime.

I am like you I am really disappointed and has been a waste of money paying extra for the sports exhaust.

Please let me know how you get on with BMW.
Appreciate 0