View Single Post
      03-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
ccuk-F10
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 520d

Garage List
2011 520D  [0.00]
Just looked back in my notes from ordering the car. The option at the time was 6NF - Telephone USB Audio Interface (£70) which would do album art and a bit more. This is the step up from 6FL - USB Audio Interface.

The new tricks coming up with an iPhone - Twitter, Facebook, etc on the iDrive - needs 6NR which I've read is available from March 2011. The NEW iPhone App has also just hit the Marketplace. It's called 'BMW Connect'. Thought I'd have a go but it wouldn't download - not compatible with my hand-me-down iPhone 3G. So it seems I've missed the boat on album art without the 6NF and we've all missed it for the newest update. That's progress! (and I won't be losing sleep over it).

While reading a few posts from 2008/9 when 6NF was replacing 6FL, they were talking of frustration of missing the 'latest' too. I think the only way is to get a new car every 6 months!!