View Single Post
      01-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #13
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Bill View Post
Great advice! It always makes sense to drive it first and spend money later. As a Mustang owner, you must have been tempted to buy the LSD or at least upset that the car did not come with it. I was cross shopping the new Mustang GT and was amazed at how much more content Ford gave you for their track package as compared to BMW's stand-alone LSD option (which costs more).

I read some of your other threads with interest this past summer as I was shopping at about the same time as you. I just could not get the BMW dealers to give me a reasonable price on the M235 until the end of the year.
I usually do one track day a year. If I was tracking it a half dozen or more times per year, perhaps I would feel the need to mod it with camber plates, R-compound tires, LSD, or a tune to trim a second or two from my lap times. I totally understand why the track rats want to squeeze every bit of performance they possibly can from their cars. But the stock M235i is plenty of car for my needs.

Yes, there are some posts from me in these forums where I complain about the lack of standard LSD in my $50K car. And I still would rather have one than not, if it was a free option. But after driving the car for 9 months or so before covering it for the winter, including that one day at the track, I have to say the e-diff is not as bad as I feared.

And yes, obviously the Mustang with the Performance Pack gives you much more bang for the buck than the M235i. Torsen 3.73 LSD, 435 horsepower NA V-8, big Brembos, and line-lock!

In the end I went with the M235i for a change (after so many Mustangs and Camaros), and because it's the more "grown up" option.