10-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #13
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_m5 View Post
Great results, I appreciate the clarification. You obviously know what you're doing. That's very cool I wish I had the time to tinker around. I need something I can set and forget but also feel some real power gains. I have the RC and it's definitely giving you some power but
it's not like wow now I feel the power. I've never liked piggy's but they seem to work well on this platform.
Understood--I think you represent the vast majority.

It's a contentious topic and, given that I've not tried the RC, I'm ill-informed. That said, my map 1 experience on JB4 led to a 10.6 in the 1/4 on this same car. I don't know if the RC can deliver that.

The install for the JB4 is similar to the RC because they manipulate performance in a similar way. The JB4 also takes control of the wastegates (if you want it to; not required) giving it yet more control. The app used to control it is excellent and can log almost every conceivable statistic: it can view and clear codes; it can switch maps on-the-fly and, as we've already discussed, configure the behavior of those maps if you're willing to tinker.

Short story: I'd recommend giving it a shot if the money factor isn't a major concern.

Last edited by limeypride; 10-28-2019 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
onfireX53617.50