View Single Post
      07-31-2017, 01:05 PM   #20
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9GunSlinger View Post
Hey all, after weighing out the different options, I came to the conclusion that there's only a couple hundred dollars between the m performance exhaust and dinan mid pipe.

Just wanted to get some input from the community; if you had to choose one.. which one would it be? Just want to hear the car more. Already loving the burbles I get from stock but does the m performance add to it the same or more so than the Dinan midpipe?

Thanks!!
I think I've talked about this before on another thread but here is my take. M performance alone was great on startup but after that, it wasn't anything too special. Too quiet for my taste. The Dinan midpipe on stock was quieter than M performance and but the open throttle sound did sound pretty decent but a little "tin canny or raspy." Hard to describe. No drone on either of them. If I had to choose, I'd stick with M performance for sound over Dinan midpipe.

However, with both M performance and Dinan, it is music to my ears. Loud on startup and grumbles like a muscle car when just driving in first gear at the onset. It sounds awesome on open throttle and NO DRONE. I would never go back. It is perfect with both in my opinion. Just a pain in the butt to get them to go on together as the inlet of the dinan and outlet of M performance are the same 3". Damn Dinan for making it hard for us!

Get both!
Appreciate 2
Scadam245.50