Thread: Yes please!!!
View Single Post
      10-22-2022, 09:29 AM   #21
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

I would love to see how this one will end up. The problem with wagon is not battery or anything else for that matter. It's simple math. Look up how much the homologation process cost to sell new car model here in the states if regular wagons like 530s 540s would be sold in higher numbers we would get whatever M wagon would be available since it wouldn't require BMW to pay another 50-80 million USD to introduce it to the market. That's a lot of money that would have to be recouped, before you start making profit. There are not many RS6 or E63 wagons on the road because of the simple fact that allocations are very limited. However keep in mind that Audi and Mercedes they sell their regular wagon versions of those cars that allows them to introduce fast versions of them to our market. Meanwhile BMW doesn't have wagon available in their current lineup for US market. I have never understood SUV phenomenon maybe if we had more than 2 kids that would make sense to me. But that higher seating position is not appealing to me at all. Seems like everyone is in suv those days so everyone is sitting higher in larger car. That kind of defeats the purpose to me at least. So in the meantime I enjoy my NA 63AMG along our M5 👍
Attached Images

Appreciate 0