View Single Post
      04-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

If you make enough money to afford the 200k usd for 30i... then you either own a factory, real estate, or both. You are likely to only make more money in the future since that country is an absolute nightmare when it comes to accepting foreign nationals doing business within their borders. So your competition is non-existent.

I was contracted to consult on some recycling facilities there, and let's just say after 2 weeks I realized there was no point. I opted out after 2 weeks instead of staying 6 months. Everyone had their hand out. Even people that couldn't justify having their hand out. The cost of doing business in 3rd world countries comes with unforeseen expenses that are just unacceptable. I was there to help implement practices that would result in enormous amounts of income for the clients I was working with. But what it cost me to get simple answers was ridiculous.

A friend of mine wanted to get into the telecommunications business in cambodia (different country, I know!!) and they had him paying bribes all the way up the ladder, till finally he got to the head of telecommunications and was told that they were content with their current providers. Cost him almost $1,000,000.00 USD and he was left with nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I love south east asia. Amazing culture and truly amazing people. But what you people do to your lower class is just disgusting, on so many levels.

I apologize if I offend you in anyway, I just felt the need to express the fact that 90% of the population in vietnam, laos, cambodia will never rise above the street level no matter how hard they work. Which to me, being american, is a very sad thing to see.
Appreciate 0