10-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #11
oceanview
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper333 View Post
Not to mention these spills are a real danger to the environment and people unlike the fictitious boogey man of NoX.

Was it wrong to do what VW did? Yes. But what ever happened to the punishment fitting the crime? Why is issuing a work around for a bogus emission requirement (which is only tested in a handful of locations) more of an offense than defects and cover ups that actually killed and seriously injured people?

It's not about whether or not the action was wrong, it was......I personally don't care because it's a stupid requirement in the first place......but it was wrong. The issue is with the political and emotional response which is ridiculous and unfair.
The difference is that the broken ignition switch of GM killed immediately while the NOx and other emissions could kill slowly.

Over the last 50 years traffic has increased massively. It's a good thing that engines get cleaner and less emissions come out from the exhaust. (And with emission I don't mean CO2 but the dirty and dangerous stuff)

Example: In our country since 1989 NOx/Ozon and fine particles measured in the air (not at the car exhaust) where reduced by 50%. This is a success based on harder laws for industry, cars, and house heating systems.
(numbers of cars have more than doubled in this time and population has grown 20%)

If you get chronic lung disease because of NOx emission, who will pay for it? The car manufacturers not following the law?
335i F31 RWD in SB || Powertrain: Active Autowerke Flash Tune Stage 1 | AA Charge Pipe | AA FMIC | GFB DV+ | xHD Trans-Flash | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips || Chassis: 20" 405M | Wiechers Strut Bar | Rear M-Diffusor || Brakes: 18" M-Perf Brake orange 370/345 | EBC YellowStuff pads all around || Various: LED bulbs: Fog-L. front | Turn Signal f&r | Brake L. | Reverse L. | Rear L. | Rear Fog L.
Appreciate 0