12-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #10
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post
1) Update LinkedIn and resume (looks like that is done)
2) Create marketing plan - 1 pager that lists skills and your desires job function(s) as well as a list of target firms.
3) Network as much as possible. Target 2 networking meetings each day(unfortunately mostly zoom today). These meetings should be geared toward learning what is available - you need to learn from these folks and ask them who else you should be speaking with.
4) If you see a position posted online apply and network your way into the firm to try to make a connection.
Thank you all for the positive words of encouragement and feedback. I'm finding out that network is absolute key. From the above, besides arranging 2 meetings a day, I'm pretty much 100% on track.

One key connection has been a Principal Planner with one of the toughest cities to work with (their Landscape requirement is ridiculous!) Long story short, all my projects with them have been exceptional, so the Principal and I became good friends. And no one has more Landscape firm connections than a member at the City, as they review all projects.

All in all, my spirits are high, though it's still a roller-coaster, I'm mostly confident. Already connected with a firm where an old college buddy works, and had a call yesterday from a small firm through my City connection.

Thanks again, guys.
- Leo.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615283.00