View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #8
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
One of these baby Teslas was in front of me today at the lights on a long, straight and boring stretch of highway 9. He leapt off the lights on green so I, of course, went along for the ride. It took me until 70mph before I properly reeled him in. We laughed and did it again side by side at the next light so I prep'd launch control and tried again. Obviously, I had to activate launch control when the light changed but it lost me only a fraction of a second and this time I passed him entirely by the time I hit 3rd.

The takeaway: while the ZF is decent, it's no DCT and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Wrt/ the Tesla: the car looks about as pedestrian as any model 3 but holy $hit it's got some grunt from a dig (as expected being electric but surprising when you watch it happen).

Assertion: I'm not sure a non-tuned M5--Comp or otherwise--would catch it before 3-digit speeds.
Be careful that there are dual engine Tesla 3's out there - which it must have been to hold you off until 70 MPH. The regular Tesla 3's are 13.0 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
“For me” , I need Blunt Force Acceleration, but it HAS to have the sensory peripherals to go with it. Fast and hmmmmmm will never cut it.
I am the same. I love the performance - but zero sensory affect and I am out.
Appreciate 1
onfireX53618.50