View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #10
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
What is it with the internet world's obsession with wagons? If even 5% of the people online who claim to love wagons actually bought them, there would be a market for them.

I'm not the type who clips my phone to the waistband of cargo pants, so perhaps I'll never understand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
It's just the US internet that's obsessed with them. And of course, they're obsessed with them now you can't get them anymore. Back when you could, not a soul talked about them.
I've been on the search for a clean E39 525iT with a 5MT for years, and wasn't able to find them so I gave up. Would have even gone for a wide nose E34 with 5MT and those are also impossible to find in good shape.

Why do I love them? I grew up in Europe so my idea of a wagon was never the ones with wood paneling on the side. If anything, I find the wagons more attractive than the sedans most of the time.

As far as the US market, we weren't even offered with the options other markets were. For example, E61 only came here with xdrive, or E91 never had the N54/55 available ect...

Regardless, there clearly is a market for them. Do you guys have any idea how much a 6MT E91 with Msport go for these days?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0