View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 11:10 AM   #21
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Senna was my favorite driver. End of story. I ate, lived, and breathed motor racing with Senna. When he died, I finished the season and didn't watch Formula One for 2 years.

While everything is temporal and topical, good sportsmanship is not. If we are to all be honest, Senna, Prost, and Schumacher should be removed from the conversation based on this single attribute. And for those saying, "it's just what was done back then", where is the list of drivers who also employed such tactics?

There isn't one.

Saying MSC, SEN, and PRO are in the conversation for GOAT is condoning cheating and poor sportsmanship. Jim Clark didn't crash other drivers off the road. Niki Lauda didn't crash other drives off the road.

Condoning this behavior is akin to showing approval for the student that cheated his/her way through college and graduated at the top of the class.

We all know it's wrong.
I disagree that the three drivers you mention should be removed especially when someone like Berger puts forward a relevant acknowledgement of who should be seen as the greatest.
He's walked the walk, you haven't.
Appreciate 1