07-22-2015, 08:49 AM   #15
BMW135pls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bucket of screws and sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
What exactly should I say to the people who do the alignment, in order to get some "extra camber" dialed in on the fronts?

Thanks.
Camber is a well known term by shops who offer alignment services, especially ones which frequently do work on sports cars. It's one of the main alignment specs: Caster, Camber, and Toe. Just tell your shop that you want the maximum allowable negative camber up front, and that they can get some extra camber range if they remove the strut tower alignment pins. There is one driver and one passenger, it is small, round, and to the side of the three strut tower bolts. Most people can get up to about -.7 degrees on stock hardware with the pins pulled.

Def give the runflats a college try. You probably won't like them, most people don't, but at least using them will give you a frame of reference to know how much of a difference using the right tire with this car makes. I actually got physically dizzy when I ran stock runflats because of how harsh and plastic of a tire they are. Soon as I swapped out for softer rubber, I never had that sensation again, but the ride is a lot softer, so I'm saving to invest in some upgrades which will bring the ride firmness to a nice medium.

Last edited by BMW135pls; 07-22-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0