View Single Post
      10-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerboater View Post
You don't have to worry about financing until closer to delivery date. You can wait till the day before taking delivery to get financing in order, if you want. I usually do it a week or so before. Just make sure you shop around and know what rates you qualify for.

Also, most places let you lock in rates for a fixed number of days. BMWFS has 60 day lock, I believe. So, if you find a good rate and know with a great certainty when your car will get delivered, you can lock it and be ready.

And my CA said that BMWFS rates in December are usually the best of the year. But I have no past experience with BMWFS, so don't quote me.
Thank you for the info. Yes their rates seem to usually be better towards end of year, I bought my current F30 on Dec. 28th, 2013 and they seemed a lot more flexible with rates and pricing then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3 View Post
It probably depends somewhat on the dealer. Since we have worked with our CA on multiple leases over the years, he allowed us to order the X5 with no deposit. The lease paperwork will be completed on the day of delivery.

I've heard there are some dealers out there that require credit checks and deposits in order to place an order.
Good to know, thank you. Yeah I've only briefly spoken with mine a few months back but haven't gotten down to the details, my understanding from research was typically $1k deposit.
Appreciate 0