View Single Post
      09-27-2018, 09:51 AM   #29
jjjjjjjjjjjjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Don’t let the gains be the reason to purchase though. On a car this heavy and already powerful, those figures will be imperceptible.

Also, I think you’re referring to the sound kit they offer for another $500-600ish... I’m not quite sure what this would do that the exhaust valve button doesn’t already do (open/close exhaust valves). Would love for someone to chime in on this.
Open/Close button in M5 is kinda stupid, from BMW car instruction you can read that it opens valves , but they operate ( open / close ) depending on drive mode ( sport+ is the only really open valve mode ), speed and current rpm.
Per m5 f90 technical instruction:

I'm getting my Akrapovic installed on wednesday without soundkit as my bmw contact told me the button in m5 dashboard will do the work.

However, from akrapovic sound kit instruction ( Instruction precisely for M5 ) they write about exhaust being in ADAPTIVE MODE ( Same as BMW so drive mode, speed, rpm ) or RACE MODE ( Fully opened valves all the time )

link to instruction (pages 12/13):
https://d1sfhav1wboke3.cloudfront.ne...a53123d717.pdf

So this just builds up more confusion lol

Last edited by jjjjjjjjjjjjj; 09-27-2018 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: added links to instructions
Appreciate 0