09-23-2021, 10:57 PM   #62
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post
Happy to hear you have an '02 Z06. A true naturally aspirated monster, way before it's time. The Z06 has always impressed me and pissed me off lol. I love how menacing it looks. I hate how god damn fast they are and how much cheaper they are than every other car in its tier lol.

The downshift blip must be something that leaves you speechless, I'm sure.

I've crossed a "bucket list" goal of mine when I got this car. I always wanted a German V8 with exhaust. I had a buddy with an '04 Audi S4. Nagaro Blue with Nagaro blue alcantara seats, 6 spd, and custom titanium exhaust. I'll never forget the day we all heard it- EVERYONE wanted to ride with him lol.

I'll admit, I wish this car had a DCT transmission so I could hear those downshifts with this motor.
I've always liked S4s. IMO they were the best looking car in Audi's lineup until the S5 came along. Both clean, nearly timeless designs. A friend of mine has a '13 S4 with some work done to it, a very nice package for sure.

I bought the Z in '04, and back then it was a big deal. Cars have gotten a lot faster since then, no doubt, but that dinosaur with three pedals and a high-strung small block plasters a smile on my face every time I drive it. That's the whole point, right?

I'm sure your M5C gives you the same joy - RIGHT ON MAN! Great thread you have going here, incredible car, great story - two thumbs all the way up!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2350.50