05-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
To comment on your ideas:

1. The words "Ultra High Performance All Season" makes me chuckle a little. Anyway, even in the snow, All Seasons are not going to help you as much as winter tires would, not with a RWD car.

2. They wouldn't do that, because of the big brakes up front, they couldnt offer a space-saver spare, and because of the stock staggered setup, only giving 1 size of spare would effect handling. Also, putting a spare in the back would throw off the weight distribution.

3. Ok, this one would be kinda cool, lol.

4. This might jack up the price even more. Plus, I isnt B&O offered by a different car company? Signature audio companies tend to stick with a single car maker.

5. This would be kinda cool, or at least an alcantara suede center option.

6. See #5

7. Wouldn't mind some trim options other than plastic. Maybe solid colors, and CF that doesnt cost $1000+.

- As for mine, as mentioned before, a real LSD like the Brits claim exist.

- Not so much an option, just something I wish BMW would do, but get rid of the crappy old fashioned orange guage lighting. Seriously, what is this? 1985? Move on to better, clearer colors, like I dunno, white? lol

- Get rid of that damn CDV!

- A regular intermitten windshield wiper setting. A midway setting in between full and off.

To address your opinion on tire choice.
I, would like to have high performance all seasons, there are many available and some work very well. I would like to have that option instead of having to pay an additional $900 on top of the sport pkg. as soon as fall hits.
As I don't use snow tires, all seasons are what I would like to see as an option.
I'm not new to driving or tires. I've been driving for nearly 30yrs in the 4 seasons, sometimes in one day, Chicago area, and have always used all seasons as they serve me just fine.

We've had the "AS, snow, summer...." discussion in other threads, so it's not needed here.

A spare can be made. There is room in the trunk to design for that option, and they can easily make a spare that will fit.
BMW did this run-flat thing to try and save weight to help with performance or MPG or whatever.
I don't like it. Redo the trunk area and offer the option for those that like or want RFT's.

I'd like to see dash gauge light color changes too, maybe offer a system that can let the driver change as he likes.
BMW uses this color as their research says this color is the less fatiguing for longer drives at night.
That might be true, but I find it kind of "hazy" or "sleepy", yeah it's a bit bland.

Do you have the prem pkg with the auto sensing wipers?
For non auto opertation check your wiper settings to set the manual intermittent speed. I think there are at least 3 levels.

Last edited by RPM90; 05-29-2011 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0