View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #2
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
It will be out for sale this year ( revealed very soon ) and it has impressive performance.
0-62 very low 3 sec. M5 will be just a bit faster if not the same.

The Taycan has very impressive repeatability, which is very amazing for AV!!!!
Tesla S warns about repeated use of its brutal acceleration setting, the Taycan offers no such thing.
In the video below Jonny Smith launches about 30 times without problems in Taycan. Similar to TTS.

To archive this they use two permanent-magnet electric motors at each axle, which have a unique kind of assembly that allows more copper in each stator, improving output while simultaneously providing for more efficient cooling. ( also using liquid cooling for battery) Porsche also noted the thermal management system, which was built specifically for the Taycan to ensure this kind of repeatability.

I saw news Porsche claimed Taycan Turbo can do 0-124mph in under 10 seconds repeatedly for 26 times before performance starts to degrade. If that's true it's pretty impressive.

Under 10 seconds is faster that M5C (BMW official quote is 10.8) but since I have a P100D I also know after 124mph the acceleration slows down significantly, I wonder how Porsche will do in this department.
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50