08-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #59
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjs View Post
FYI (a follow-up from previous post) - I contacted Fields BMW (here in Orlando) about the lacking 1200 mile servicing and they told me that when I’m ready (I had full left knee replacement surgery on Wednesday - I can’t drive the car yet) to bring it back in and they’ll perform a proper servicing.
Hope your knee heals quick! Take your anticoagulant and do your foot dorsiflexion / plantarflexion exercises lol.

Regarding your dealer offering to “redo” the break-in service: if they truly want to perform the proper service they should allow an adequate duration of break-in of the differentials / mechanicals with the proper original viscosity break-in lubricant and only THEN change it out to the post break -in hypoid oil. That said, should be ok to do another break-in service with the new fluids after a slight longer duration has again elapsed (say 1500 miles) but I am just guessing / extrapolating. As far as the time thing - tell your dealer to stuff it as they were being an ass. They had your car in and figured they could do a mandated scheduled service way earlier than indicated and get paid for it. The only time saved was theirs as the car was already in for another issue. They were not thinking of you or your car. I did, however, have my break-in service done intentionally a bit early at just over 1050 miles as I was heading out for a 1300 mile round trip that same week so it made sense to change fluids a bit early in my case. Minor details but most of us on here are likely not neurotypical.
Appreciate 0