08-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #20
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82FTW View Post
It's entirely possible my dealer is completely retarded.
Yeah, just going to go with this, with a caveat is not that your dealer is retarded, but they are unused to dealing with something outside the boundaries of normal. Hot pad deposit on rotors is outside the bounds of normal for everyday driving. Very few people actually track their cars, and the ones that do, usually know enough to use seperate track pads.

Anyways, as others have said, get a new set of pads on there, perhaps driving for a week or two with track pads on to remove the deposits, and then back to regular street pads.

Final comment: a set of chocks at the track is always good to have, for multiple reasons, including this one.

Final final comment: if you did, indeed, warp all four rotors from one track day (which I highly doubt), your experience is far outside the experience of others who have tracked their M4. If true, you might want to consider your braking habits as a possible culprit (not meant as an insult, just a suggestion)

Last edited by Mandi90TT; 08-29-2014 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: One more comment I forgot
Appreciate 0