View Single Post
      08-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
F82FTW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP, 88' M5 Blk/Blk US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Your rotors are most likely not warped at all. You probably have bad pad deposit on your discs that is causing shudder.

Stock pads on the iron rotors will not handle the heat at the track and will smear uneven deposits on the rotors. Install new pads and the shudder will likely go away after 2-3 weeks of street driving.

It has been discussed in various threads, track pads will likely be needed with the iron rotors for any serious tracking.
Interesting stuff indeed, and I do appreciate the input. However nonetheless, the rotors were measured and confirmed warped, both mathematically and visually.

The brakes are just the tip of the iceberg too; I could go into a whole thread about the let downs this car has provided from one track day...but quite simply, I do not have the time.

Massive disapointment in many ways.

At least it's a really fast street car which at least looks like it could handle a racetrack...
F80 M3 ZCP - Current...E28 M5 1/30 Blk/Blk US Spec - Current...17' 911 - SOLD...E90 M3 - Sold...F82 M4 - SOLD...F02 750Li - SOLD...Austin MINI - SOLD...E82 135is - SOLD...E89 Z4 - SOLD...F10 535i - SOLD...E30 325is - SOLD
Appreciate 0