View Single Post
      08-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #14
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
Agreed. I'm not a lover of black wheels but having visited the dealer and seen the water marks on the cerium grey trim, I decided I could live with the black wheels.

There is very limited information available about the M Technology package and I spent some time researching on the internet what the pack includes. There are references to the pack also including larger brakes and when I checked on Real OEM using a US spec car, there are two brake sizes although that could just be relevant to a US spec car. However, the M Technology package is ref 33T and if you look at the following links, the "Motorsport Engineering PAckage" ref S33TA includes 374mm disks as opposed to 348mm on the other option.

No package: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=34_2743

Motorsport Package: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=34_2744

As I had 370mm disks on my 440i, I wanted to keep the larger brakes and thought £300 for the option was worth the gamble!
Its a shame the package is so poorly advertised, I remember when I was building my car the pack didn't even have a description, just the title!

For £300 you can't go wrong though, I would also be surprised if the brakes are upgraded for that price, but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom76 View Post
Huge Congratulations! Great spec! I really toiled over the merino leather (looks great) but in the end went for this spec, it left the plant yesterday.

Dravit Grey Metallic
Aluminium Mesh Trim
Shadowline Plus
Black with Blue stitching Vernasca Leather
Technology Pack
Extending Storage
Lumbar Support driver and front pass
Parking Assistant Plus
Driving Assistant Pro

Hopefully get my hands on it 1 September!
Great spec, very similar to mine. Wow 1st of September, when did you order? Surely it will be one of the first in the country.

I debated so long between Mineral and Dravit, in the end went with Mineral because I had already stretched my budget with the Merino leather.

The main reason I went Merino is for the upgraded leather dashboard, I really wanted this on my next car. Also Vernasca leather felt like a downgrade to the leather in my current car (Lexus). I can't believe BMW charge so much for proper leather on a car this expensive, should come as standard!
Appreciate 0