View Single Post
      12-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #19
GoHokiesGo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

RBT did reply on the E90 forums and sent me a PM with some info on the TCU tunes. They also have a facebook post with more details here:
https://www.facebook.com/xhpflashtoo...09637326018954

The tunes sound like they'd defintely speed up shifts in the car and get rid of the race to 6th gear in regular mode. I'm thinking about trying it out. I have a 4-month old baby, which was the reason we switched to an X5M, so I don't want the shifts to be too rough when the baby is in the car. If it remains smooth, just more responsive, I might try it out sooner rather than waiting till the baby is a bit older. If it's just me in the car then I like it pretty aggressive otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
We just announced the Stage 2 and 3 files on Facebook! The Tunes are now available in the app. Details are as follows:

We proudly introduce the last release of this year:

BMW X5M/X6M

The X5M/X6M suffer from a very economy biased D-Mode setup, where shiftpoints are the same between 0% - 40% throttle. While this is a good match for Diesel engines, it certainly not fits an M-Engine and was designed to keep the EPA happy, but not the driver.

The same happened at the other end...very early shiftpoints in D-Mode at 100% throttle to, cutting the drivers wish. Due to the already have economy setup, there was little room for a Stage 1 tune. Therefore we decided to start at Stage 2 level.

Stage 2
======

The Stage 2 file removes a lot of the sluggish early upshift bevahiour the X6M/X5M suffer from out of the factory. Shift speeds are quickened in every mode and response to throttle inputs is much more lively and natural. With the Stage 2 calibration your X6 will more feel like a sporty limousine, than a heavy SAV. Crisp and responsive shifting in every situation will let you experience your car in a total new way.

- Shorter shift times in D /S/M mode
- Better response on throttle inputs, easier downshifting
- Instant Torque Converter Lockup after lift-off
- Kickdown delete in M mode
- Max. RPM raised to 7000 rpm

Stage 3
======

This Stage 3 file will really wake up your M. Shift speeds are even quicker than Stage 2 in every mode and response to throttle inputs is much more lively and natural. With the Stage 3 calibration your X6 will more feel like a sporty limousine, than a heavy SAV. Crisp and responsive shifting in every situation will let you experience your car in a total new way. M mode now puts you in total control with the removed Kickdown and the removed auto-upshift (True Manual Mode)! The engine will hit the limiter, like in a manual car, so you are free to drift, without internvention from the gearbox.

- Shorter shift times in D /S/M mode
- Better response on throttle inputs, easier downshifting
- Instant Torque Converter Lockup after lift-off
- True Manual Mode in M
- Kickdown delete in M mode
- Max. Line pressure raised 15%
- Max. Stall-Torque raised 20%
- Max. allowed torque 1200 Nm/885 ftlb

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to post as vendor at xbimmers. (without paying a monthly fee)

JP Photography - Travel/Landscape/Automotive Photography
Appreciate 0