View Single Post
      06-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
IWC Doppel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

10mm spacers all round

I might try 13mm on the rear to fill out a little more.

Regarding handling & ride comfort

Rise is marginally stiffer, feels a little tighter and planted. Little or no reduction in comfort.

I had it set up by a race team and they strung the car properly, factory was out especially at the rear. corner weights a little out (not adjustable)

After fitting springs corner weights much better, they reduced the toe in at the rear from factory and put 2mm toe out on the front. Cambers adjusted where possible (reduced ride height adds a little negative camber)

Turn in much better, steering feels weightier and more acccurate
Virtually eliminates float at speed
Body roll feels much reduced (I investigated aftermarket roll bars, it now feels much better and I am not looking any more !)
EDC seems better between settings, Normal is well balanced and my every day setting

Full stiff much better, no longer fidgety and bouncy if driven on a less than perfect road. When I am pushing on I choose full stiff and enjoy the hell out of it. Before I only got on with full stiff on the smoothest of surfaces as it simply felt unsettled

Adjustable susp now works, when driving hard the slight compromise on road surface transmission and stiffness is the right trade for a little more forgiving and surface absorbing ride. Both feel taughter and sportier

Overall I would say it's significantly better than stock and it looks much better too

I might try and raise the front 5-10mm as the weight balance does feel a touch more to the front (Spring drop 12mm F and 15mm R)
Appreciate 0