View Single Post
      09-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #68
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
Here's the latest (at least what I'm getting from my CA).

BMW is going forward w builds for cars that had B&W - but they will now build w the standard sound system. (this was communicated from NA to my CA). It is not possible to "delay" the build for B&W and that it has been removed from all ordered cars. I checked the configurator and it's not available in any model now - so this is a major parts shortage.

TBH - this is my first time ordering a car (in 35 years of driving). I thought for certain that not having B&W was going to be a deal breaker for me and as of this morning I was ready to walk. However, there's literally nothing else out there - no P cars to be found, no MB, no nothing. That and the fact that I really want to put a 625HP velvet sledgehammer in my garage (this will be my 4th BMW, 2nd M). And so I've decided to keep my build, minus the B&W. (but maybe I'll need to at carbon brakes). I'm back on the build schedule for first week of October, which I'm hoping will put me at PCD around December 1.
I’m curious, if you chase your car’s specs on the My Garage website does it still scow the B&W? I just looked and mine still shows it.
Appreciate 0