View Single Post
      05-01-2019, 01:53 AM   #13
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Need For Speed View Post
Owned an M6 GC and found it very heavy and ponderous compared to the M5 Comp. That weight was the reason I sold it...not old enough for that car. lol. Went to a 17 ZL1 and man it was very fast but a rough ride compared to the M5 Comp and the cabin is small. I guarantee the LE track version will bust your balls on city streets but would be fun, just not a DD. Porsche turbo was my other top choice, holy crap it's gorgeous but in the end, I liked the M5 Comp just pushed all the right buttons and really is fun to drive.

I wanted a very fast DD that was stealth with some room. This car is special and completely unlike the old M5 or any 6 series. The 4 wheel drive weighted to the rear does that. It drives like it weighs 1000 lbs less than it does. Very stable in 4 wheel drive and does things it has no business doing. This car feels planted and glued to the road. Go drive one.

PS. If you want drama you can switch it over to 2 WD and hang the tail out...I only recommend if you are getting low on tread and need to get more tires anyway...
The M6GC CP was a complete boat. Nice to hear the M5 feels a little smaller. The M6 also had fairly poor visibility and seating arrangements which I believe the M5 would improve on. Things that would be a bonus.

Interesting you found the ZL1 a rough ride. My SS 1LE had a super smooth ride with the magnetic suspension and I thought they shared this system. The ZL1 1LE sounds painful on the street ... I would rarely drive that thing away from the track if I ever talk myself into one.

I don't think I want to wait for the G80 but that does seem like a great middle ground for me and if I end up loving it, I could always trade the M5 in down the road. Need a good long test drive first, of course.

Appreciate 0