Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Yes, it is off. Transport Canada and the DOT are pretty well aligned (not to say retarded ).

To be able to code the "anti-dazzle highbeams", my understanding is that you also need to have the High Beam Assistant (HBA) that can only be had with the Technology Package in Canada. You can still code the "low beam shaping" though without needing to have the HBA.

Since I ordered the "Speed Limit Info", I have the required camera for the "anti-dazzle highbeams", so I am still hoping there is a way to code the "anti-dazzle highbeams" to be always on when the high beams are on.
Yeah, I figured that Transport Canada did its usual lazy-assed 'follow DOT protocols' when it came to this item. Sometimes, though, they surprise you and have something slightly different from DOT (in fairness, though, usually not in any useful way different, mostly just in an annoying way to make getting goods over the border that much harder...)

And I've loaded my ride up (oh yeah, I am the sucker who went both tech AND executive. the only things I didn't get were speed limit info and parking assist) so I have the hardware - just need to get on coding.

Did you ever hear more about the IOS coding program? (I emailed the one website that makes the dongle, but heard nothing back. If I could get that set up, I would raise my status from 'minor enthusiast' to 'nerdy coding minor enthusiast' in no time!)