View Single Post
      09-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Where is the best place to jack up the rear of the F30?

Sorry for the newb question, but this is the first time jacking up my 2014 328i M-Sport thats been lowered about 1.5 inches. I recently had BC Coilovers installed and want to adjust the rears a little, so i need to jack up the car.

I know about the 4 side jack points on either side of the car, but my car is too low to get the floor jack under any of these 4 points. I know of the front center jack point and was able to get the car up from there (barely), but the rear i'm not so sure.

I've seen a lot of pictures floating around for the rear, but not for the F30. I know to avoid the rear differential. I think i may have found the rear frame just behind the differential, but its slightly curved (yellow arrow pointing to it). In addition, there is some mysterious box shaped cover/container(?) that is bolted to it (highlighted in yellow rectangle).

Anyone know what this box is and how fragile it is? The jack's saddle can be wedged in between this curved arch area and this mysterious box, but i'm afraid that too much pressure might damage it. Due to the curvature, and where the jack's saddle is situated, as the jack goes it, it puts more lateral force against this box.

Any idea if this is a bad idea? Can someone point to a better place in the rear for the jack point? Seems as though a lot has changed in the F30, comparing it to pics i've seen of the 3-series prior to 2012.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Last edited by squidlyboy; 09-20-2014 at 11:02 PM..
Appreciate 1