View Single Post
      02-24-2024, 12:25 PM   #10
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I never really understood this car. Some significant changes in the opposite direction of what makes the M5 the M5 (for me). Definitely for a niche market. There's a guy at work that recently got an M4 CSL. He's quite proud of it, but I just can't bring myself to get excited over something so hideous that's $60k more. I hold that butt ugly CS green and bronze wheels in a close second for contempt (the grey is simply ok to me).
These cars exist for driving if you want to track or pretend to track these models. Many will claim "they aren't track cars", and the guys in the middle of a lap don't care that they aren't track cars. They're a blast to drive on track. The best? Nah. But the best become not street legal and have to come in on a trailer. These can haul in a set of tires, run all day, and drive home in air conditioned comfort.

Niche market? Absolutely.

$6000 over MSRP Taylor BMW? Keep dreaming. I was VERY critical of the profiteers trying to capitalize on this market and ruining the appeal and marketability of this car. I was right. They ruined it. Present advertisement included.

Shawn
Appreciate 7
nerdogray1312.00
Ex_Stig2594.00
DavidXJ664.50
clutchdj1886.50