View Single Post
      08-27-2021, 06:40 AM   #5
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

My car needed shields. It's now got them.

PPF is complete! This was an extremely extensive and intensive, nearly two week process - covering the ENTIRE car with a combination of both matte and gloss SunTek PPF material. Work was done at European Collision Center - a BMW NA approved and selected facility, factory trained in working with BMW Frozen paint.

Information on this talented (and absolutely massive) shop can be found here:

https://www.europeancollision.com

I absolutely love my car's truly unique, dare I say it, exceptional Frozen Marina Bay Blue finish. It's stunning to look at in any lighting condition, day or night. BUT, and this is a BIG "BUT," if you are especially persnickety about keeping you car looking clean - and I am - than this also has to be the single most frustrating color and finish to live with on a daily basis. AND, as much as California has a strong car culture, with incredible roads, everywhere, a fair share of them are crumbling. And it's dry and dusty here. SO, any spirited drive, or even just an ordinary highway trip poses the constant threat of "attack" from dust, dirt, rocks, gravel and God only knows what else that is perpetually littering our roadways. "Frozen paint" means no buffing, not polishing, no concealing, no nothing. If you catch something flying at the car, it's going to show, and big time. And the only real remediation is a full re-paint.

SO, PPF it is.

I was very worried that the car's incredible "luster" could be/would be lost with the PPF application. Nope. Not at all. if anything, this incredible SunTek PPF material ENHANCED the look of the car's finish as some of the orange peel which is still present in a Frozen paint car, is concealed. When you open a door, say for example one of the rear doors, when you examine the point where the PPF "ends" and the "naked" frozen paint surface continues, all this is observed is the "edge" of the PPF. There is ZERO discernible difference in color, tone, sheen or shine between the PPF surface and the "bare" surface.

This is an EXCELLENT solution and frankly, should have been done to the car, pre-delivery, as delivery came with some niggles. BUT, it's done now, and I couldn't be happier with the end result.

A big thank you to:

East Bay BMW for their support and assistance. (Absolutely, hands down the BEST BMW service center in the entire SF Bay Area, if not the whole state of California).
BMW NA for their support and assistance. (They absolutely do care about their customers and stand by them, 100%)
European Collision Center for their incredible team - with special thanks to Dennis, Fernando and William. You guys are awesome!

And now photos!

Enjoy!

-Daniel
Attached Images

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 1
Jamesmick131.00