12-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #86
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
By the time I get into an EV most of the regular automakers will offer superior EV's. Heck the Ford Mach E is a compelling alternative with a far superior interior and it's Ford's first kick at the can.
The Mach E Griswold commercial I saw on Sunday was classic. If I went EV now, it'd be the Mach E just for because of Ford's clever marketing campaign.

But that giant TV screen just kills it for me.

Note to manufacturers... there are a lot of buyers over the age of 25 that buy cars and don't want a giant phone screen stuck on the dashboard. The Crazy Idea department called and suggested building an EV that looks like a normal car with a normal dashboard. Try it, it might work...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0