View Single Post
      12-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
JoePark
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 428D Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Yes, and this all surprises you I'm guessing ? In order to prove your case in court you need proof. That comes from evidence and usually "experts" who have to testify on your behalf. That takes money and good legal representation. My statement didn't say anything about it being easy or cheap. But then neither is the repair bill for a BMW engine.
Thanks for the helpful responses. I can't argue with the logic or likely costs detailed. It seems either way that I pay for the fix. I'm not likely to go the legal route. I suspect BMWNA has a deeper legal pocket than I do. Class action may be an option but have not yet explored.

Meanwhile I do intend to name and shame through social media to the extent that I can. Again, I fully acknowledge that I was the ignorant one, but I suspect most new diesel buyers are similarly ignorant to this potentially catastrophic outcome...and that the same situation can theoretically occur again as many times as you fill the car with diesel. If that is not outlined and communicated by the dealer at time of purchase (is not) I do think it's a crafty and deceitful nondisclosure and reflects on the original engineering flaw of the engine. How many BMW diesel buyers know that this represents a real risk? Its also not an isolated case. Our dealer confirms as much as do a number of blog/forum posts.

It may be just a 'feel good' approach but I take to social media outlets to my hearts content to advise and educate an ignorant group of car buyers such as me because BMW is certainly not taking responsibility for doing so.
Appreciate 0