Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Great post! Thank you for including so much detail.

Living in San Diego, there really isn't much rain, particularly in the summer, and I don't often have issues with bug splatters and tree sap. What I do have to deal with is lots of pollen, bee goop, and bird splatters. There is no escape from trees and bushes at my work parking lot, so after a few days, the car is already covered with lots of these contaminants. And they are somewhat hard to remove. They often remain even after a fairly thorough car wash. I need something quick and safe to deal with this problem. For daily removal of this stuff, would you recommend Speed Shine or Spray-On Wash (or something else)? And what kind of cloth should I use to wipe it down with? Just a standard microfiber cloth from the auto parts store?

I would have thought there was a good layer of wax on the car from the factory, but from your first paragraph, it sounds like this may not be the case. How much wax is on the car when it's brand new?
The amount of wax from when the car is new is almost none. Some of the dealers will detail the car before delivery but most won't. I waxed my M235i within the fist couple of weeks after getting it. I also put leather conditioner on the seats. I am also a fan of Groit's products and use them pretty much exclusively. The speed shine works great to get off bird dropping and other problems if you get to them the same day. I also use Groit microfiber cleaning towels. They are much softer than the auto part store towels.
Appreciate 0