View Single Post
      08-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #16
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

It seemed you have a garage but could not get the hose to reach without extensions.

IMHO, your best bet is get a couple of good layers of prime paste wax on. Then as mentioned above, and I call them "sacrifice barriers" use a quality spray on wax. I use Griots, after many years of McGuires, but any of the quality spray on waxes will do. Build some layers on top your main wax. These will take the rain, dirt and whatever when you have to wash or wipe car off after for ex: a rainy day. Just walk around, quickly spray with Speed Shine or your product, and wipe car down with a nice quality LARGE rain towel. Now car is clean after the rain, and not allowed to dry with road film and you added another sacrifice barrier as you dry the car.

If you can't wash easily, use one of the Spray on Washes. It lubricates and with several good...I mean quality mircofibers, you can dry the car and remove some serious road film. It will get to that point on a bad day after a rainy morning but might will dry by evening drive time. Again if its a heavy film, hit it with Spray on Wash product, and gently wipe it down. Really reduces the need for washing each week. If its just wet and I get home, again, I hit with the speed shine product and wipe'er down for the evening. Folks used to have to feed and brush a good horse when they got in... I might as well do it for 322 of them.

Something else I personally do...and will get flamed for it LOL..but I have 2 quality dusters that keep very clean--washed and vacuumed. After being out on any day, and especially a hot day, I lightly dust car off, thus not allowing the "dusties" to settle into the hot wax, which cools over night, and trapping the peskies. This keeps the surface smooth without that.."[I][I]hey I clayed and waxed last Saturday and now it feels rough again" speech.

Spraying the "barrier" shine product again, also takes off what I call the "air bumps"...those little bumps that settle on the surface here and I can't even see--but can feel them. The Griots speed shine washes them away, and I have added another sacrifice barrier. Sorry for long post...thot this might help. I can't wash each week either...but the car is smooth, and clean all the time.

Last edited by zkeeper; 08-08-2014 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0