View Single Post
      10-18-2023, 07:30 PM   #14
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I got this tool on amazon and it worked perfectly on my 2020 X5M.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9SDFPG4...roduct_details

I just swapped out my LPFP on my car recently so here are some tips.

Watch the Kies Motorsport LPFP video. Its not the same as our car but it gives you a good idea what to expect. He mentioned starting the car after disconnecting the harness from the pump to minimize fuel coming out. I did this and ran the car until it stalled out. Even then when i first unplugged the line there was still fuel squirting out so have some towels ready. I also opened the gas tank cap which in theory should help release any pressure inside.

Get your fuel level as low as possible! I got my car down to 50 miles to empty but there was still a decent amount of fuel in the tank. It makes things way easier. Trust me.

Do it in a well ventilated space. i did it inside of my garage and I probably shorten my life by a few years breathing in all the gas fumes.

The fuel pump is secured by pressure fitting it into a specific groove. I just pulled up on the stock one and it popped free.

On my X5M the fuel pump comes in two main parts. you have to snake it into the tank separately and connect it when its all inside.

I think there is a total of 3 hoses you need to disconnect and each one has a locking tab. They are color coded so you don't mix them up but i made sure i removed the tabs completely so I didn't accidentally drop it into the gas tank.

At the very end I used the Bimmerlink app to clear out all of codes from running the car without the fuel pump connected.

Hope that helps.
Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 10-19-2023 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0