06-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
That would be fine if were anywhere close to reality. One party has run this state for something like three decades now. As such, the fiscal condition of the state is completely owned by that party. California was backrupt 5 years before the mortgage meltdown even began, and Gray Davis was kicked out because Californians were fed up with it. I'd love to hear the spin that explains how the 2/3 budget rule encourages "both parties" to spend even more irresponsibly -- as opposed to preventing it from happening.

Winston Churchill was once quoted as saying: "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." I'm over 30, so that probably explains why I see things for what they really are, as opposed to seeing them as I've been told to see them.
The problems is, in most of Cali, people don't pull their heads out of their a$$e$ until they're 50-60 years old. We'd be OK if it was just 30 years old.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0