Private First Class
Georgia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e92m

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioM3 View Post
It looks like you've got too much time on your hands mate, to type all this info for us, thanks for that, but deal breaker was the last bit, slightly modified e36 is better than e92?????
How about 7.27 around Nurburgring in e92 M3, I didn't see e36 beat that....
You mean 7:27 of M4 GTS.

Even E92 M3 GTS never ran close to that time let alone beat E46 M3 CSL’s 7:50.
If you look at the sector times of stock E36, E46 (identical Nordschleife lap time) and E92s, the difference is mostly in the back straight not in corners. Circuits in JP are mostly tight hairpins with one short straight line, which is why lightweight cars like rx7 have very strong track records. It would be a different story in Silverstone. For Euro cup races (BMW challenge) held in JP, E36 is always the fastest competing with E46 and E92 (all on stock engine, no supercharging)

Don’t get me wrong though. If stripped down to the same weight, E92 will always beat the crap out of previous generations.
I wasn't talking about GTS, if you go on to YouTube, there's plenty of lightly modified (non Supercharged) e92 M3s lapping crazy Times, in my opinion e36 M3 was good, but not as good balanced car as e34 M5 or e46 M3, I think e92 M3 is last pure, old school M car, N/A engine, MT, well balanced chassis, everyday usability as well as track day machine, it only needs aftermarket Exaust, K&N air-filter, and Performance pads. Don't need to change anything else.
Appreciate 0