06-05-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Project Gamma Intakes Installed

What’s up all.

Just wanted to report on initial impressions with Project Gamma intakes. They are local to me here in Houston, so I went and met with Sam, the owner, and had them installed last week.

The reason I went with Project Gamma is because it’s in the sweet spot on the quality and price curve. I have no interest in a $2,000++ carbon intake because, come on, that’s ridiculous for something that lives under your hood. I waited for awhile for BMS to release their F90 intake, and when I saw that it was just short-ram intakes with cone filters located in our extremely hot engine bay, I passed, even at the low price point.

I ran ARM intake on my previous stage 2 F10 550i, very similar design, and in the Houston summer, I was suffering 150-160 degree IAT and the engine was knocking, pulling timing and boost. I relocated the filters behind the grilles with extension tubing and dropped IATs significantly, and had no issues after that.

Our engine bays are HOT and I do not want the filter in there. Also just to add, I am not dogging BMS, they do awesome work for our community, I have run their intakes and JB4 on several cars. Just explaining the experience that is driving my choice on intakes for the platform.

So, about the Project Gamma intake, it is a continuous piece of heavy-duty 3.5” silicone piping routing from the intake manifold, to behind the front grille, where cone filters are then mounted. Being that it is a single, flexible piece of silicone with smooth bends gives it four advantages in a mechanical sense:
A.) smoothest possible airflow
B.) lack of heatsoak (unlike thin aluminum tubing of F10 ARM intake)
C.) easy installation
D.) air filters mounted in the coolest possible place

The price point is pretty reasonable, it comes in matching colors with no additional charge, butt dyno says small gain in the midrange, and turbo sound is much more pronounced. It’s about a 30 minute install and looks and sounds great. The owner is a good dude I’m happy to support, and also mentioned that they will be developing upper and lower downpipes in the near future.

Overall I am very happy with this product and I would recommend it.

I paid full price for the product and have not received any compensation or discount for the review.

Cheers,
Ian

Video clip of my car with intakes installed:
https://www.instagram.com/project_gamma/p/ByGVZUbBkxV/
Attached Images

Last edited by IancoleTX; 06-05-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 2
Jocko78103.50