View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 05:41 PM   #34
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
OK I am going to replace the X5M with one of these. I need advice from those who have knowledge of both. The F90 I am familiar with as far as I-drive, the driving feel or lack of, DD capability, all around monster engine and the reliability. I have had BMW'S for the last 30 years. I have never owned a Mercedes therefore I am unfamiliar with the reliability, MBUX system (which seems complicated, I'll learn I guess), what is Mercedes service like? Are the discounts similar when purchasing these vehicles? I have read that both are excellent choices, but will the mercedes give that 1995 soulful feeling I know the BMW won't. As far as exhaust I know the Mercedes is better, louder but that can be remedied with an after market exhaust as long as I don't lose my service warranty. Any replies will be helpful. Also yes I know this is the F90 forum.
While I might not be able to answer your question, I have lately been thinking about the E63S. I currently have the 20 M5C Pre-LCi, the pre facelift E63S was certainly a looker in its own right, as for the current Facelifted E63S, Im not so sure about it just yet, might take sometime for its new looks to settle in for me.

I would suggest you take a look at the E63S, modern AMGs are very good drivers' cars too though some might disagree, would be good to try out a demo from a dealer and see how you like the car and request for more time behind the wheel.

From a consumer standpoint, both cars are pretty closely matched though AMGs usually do cost abit more than an equivalent M Model, at least in Asia this is how they are priced. The M5C is a very capable car, a super sedan I would call it when you really get on it. Cheers and do let us know your decision, some brand diversity is good for one's garage if one could comfortably afford it which you are in this position now. Cheers!