View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
sekitori
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Where is the odometer?

When I first got my G20 a week ago, I noticed that what I thought was the odometer showed over 400 miles. That seemed like a lot of mileage for a brand new automobile. Then it started counting down instead of up. I knew that figure was the mileage remaining at that speed before the tank was empty. But the odometer itself has always appeared on the dash of my previous autombiles including BMWs, and it wasn't present.

However, I did notice that when I started the car, the odometer reading did briefly show up at the bottom of the screen--but then it disappeared.

I went to the dealership today and the advisor couldn't find a consistent view of the odometer either. He called in another advisor and after they spent several minutes, they found it. Pressing the top button on the left stalk produced a screen which showed both the odometer and the trip odometer figures. The Owner's Manual describes this only as a widget for trip data. There is nothing concerning its containing the total mileage odometer as well. Holding that button down resets the trip odometer. I now keep that information permanently on the right side of the screen, so it once again appears on the dash.

I also found out that the indicator on the lower left side of the dash showing remaining mileage on the tank of gas, is permanent and can't be deleted.

I learned something new and valuable by taking the car to the dealership. As things turned out, so did a couple of the advisors.
Appreciate 2