04-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by In4mation View Post
I picked up my car from the dealership and they confirmed the noise and pointed out that it comes from all four corners. My SA also said that everything is plan spec and that the noise is coming from the cross drilled holes being slightly raised and hitting the brake pads. He also said the noise will subside once I break in the brakes.

Shivaswrath- Yup, validated that my lug nuts are properly torqued.

Lukeb817- Thanks for sharing your story, sorry to say but it brings a little bit of comfort to know someone else has this experience. I also wonder how many others may have this problem and never noticed. How many miles do you have on your brakes ? I drive about 20 miles a day and fear I will never get rid of this nuisance.
I had them installed at the US port before redelivery after my Euro delivery trip (~200 miles) in Munich. I think I'm up to about 8800 miles on them now, still have the sound, but it's not as pronounced as it was in the beginning...but it's still obvious in the situations described above. I'm generally accustomed to it and just enjoy the exhaust note instead and rev it a little higher to drown it out, ha ha. I can't hear it at all if the windows are up.
Appreciate 1