Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
My car just informed me at 16500 miles that I'll need spark plugs at 18k. Funny thing is, I could already feel the difference around 16300. It's subtle, but when you drive it every day, and do enough miles, you feel these things. My throttle is a tiny bit squishier than normal, the sound isn't quite the same, and I started to get the little shudder when I start the car from time to time that normally isn't there. Who knows, I may also need coil packs or something else. No check engine lights or warnings, and no loss of actual power, but I agree that 18k when you daily this car may be too long. 15k is probably the sweet spot for a stock motor.

Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
My car just informed me at 16500 miles that I'll need spark plugs at 18k. Funny thing is, I could already feel the difference around 16300. It's subtle, but when you drive it every day, and do enough miles, you feel these things. My throttle is a tiny bit squishier than normal, the sound isn't quite the same, and I started to get the little shudder when I start the car from time to time that normally isn't there. Who knows, I may also need coil packs or something else. No check engine lights or warnings, and no loss of actual power, but I agree that 18k when you daily this car may be too long. 15k is probably the sweet spot for a stock motor.

Thanks for sharing!
At what mileage does BMW recommend the spark plugs be changed? 15000 miles seems really low.
At 16500 miles the car and my app told me the car would need oil service, new spark plugs and an air filter in 1500 miles, so 18k.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0