08-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #82
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA View Post
Got your point now...

There are plenty of reasons to immigrate to the US and for sure thinking that it is the greatest country in the world is not one of them. Go ask any immigrant, most of them have come to the US because of work.
Right, and the amount of opportunity is what makes the US the greatest imo. I have seen people go from nothing to something so many times, that I know couldnt happen in most places in the world. I have family/friends that live all over Europe and the opportunities that they have vs what I have is much smaller. In fact, most of their kids have ended up moving here to pursue those opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
No country is the greatest. Every Western country today has some pluses and minuses, America is no exception. We are a great country but we could do way better. Saying we are the greatest in a true determent because it creates a false notion that we have no flaws and issues to work on.
Yes, thinking we have no flaws is a detriment to our country. However, being confident in our greatness, and working to perfect ourselves and stay great, will help.

Take one of the many great athletes out there (My example will be Deion Sanders, one of the greatest, if not the greatest DBs to play). He was overly confident that he was the greatest, and every day worked hard to prove he was better than any other player. When a new guy would challenge his claim, Deion would practice and work to perfect his game even more, until there was no doubt.

Nowadays, it seems people are either content saying we are the greatest, without doing anything to prove it, or claim America sucks, and not do anything to improve it.

And...
Appreciate 3