View Single Post
      03-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #88
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearningirish View Post
I have a question. Is running effective than walking when you are trying to lose weight?
It is effective but will never provide the same calorie burn as running. Being active though is what matters just walking and moving kick starts the metabolism and promotes the burning of fats. Walking just doesnt elevate the heart rate as high so will always have less calorie burn. At the end of the day. Eating clean, walking and providing a slight calorie deficit through being active is the key to losing weight and take your time losing it. Remember that 3500 calories equals a pound lost. So based on a 2,000 calorie a day diet it may take a couple weeks or couple months to lose your goal weight but do it slowly.

Running burns for the average person about 100 calories a mile, slightly more based on weight though. So in a 5 mile run most people burn 500 calories. But as your cardio improves and your rest heart rate begins to drop that burn drops with it. Like for me I only burn 50 - 70 calories per mile but thats because I run 60-70 miles a week, very low resting heart and light weight. Sorry for the long reasoning, but I hope it helps give a little insight.
Appreciate 0