Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
I'm 95% sure the shockwave is classified by the ATF as an AOW (any other weapon). Whatever it is firearm, or aow...... I'm pretty sure if you add a brace to it, it's now classified as a short barrelled shotgun....and you need a stamp for that. Like I said....alot of the ATF stuff is really sketchy on how they interpret stuff and classify it.

Look at pistol braces. First they were legal, then they were only legal if you didn't shoulder them, now they are back to being legal if you shoulder them.....they can change the laws as they see fit.

Either way.....if it was me, I would just shoot it....and not post pictures online of it.
The Shockwave is classified as a "firearm" with a minimum overall length of 26.5". The birds eye grip on the Shockwave and Tac-13 meet that required length. If I were to add only a pistol grip, it would fall under the minimum length requirement and become classified as an AOW and require a stamp. By adding the brace it still maintains the minimum length to remain classified as a firearm.

This topic has been beaten to death on arf.com along with multiple threads with pictures of them.