View Single Post
      02-05-2020, 10:49 PM   #1
Drew1204
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

M550i H&R lowering springs

I just had these springs installed, and I am not liking how the car drives.

I noticed on the way home immediately on the highway the car felt much more floaty. It is difficult to describe... It was as if it was tracking the lines in the road and doing its own thing and I had to actually counter steer to keep it from steering on it’s own. But not like how when a car is pulling when out of alignment. More like tracking the lines in the road.

My old jeep SRT8 with 315s in the rear was notorious for this, and the X5M I test drove did this as well. I had not noticed this at all in the M5 comp at all until the lowering springs.

I notice myself constantly hugging very close to the far right lines in the road, then ill steer back to the left to try and center it out and then it will float to the left too far and be near the left lines.

It feels like when it is very windy outside, and the wind is blowing your car around left and right. That is the best way to describe it.

My girlfriend was driving home with me in a separate car and I literally called her to ask if she could also feel the wind or if it was windy out but she said no.

On the street all of this isn’t very noticeable except it being about 10% stiffer.

I have not had an alignment yet but I am definitely not happy with how the car drives at all now. Will an alignment fix these issues?

I guess M engineers really got it right with their comp setup / springs... I was excited for the lower more aggressive look but the trade off in handling is not worth it unless needing an alignment is the cause.

Last edited by Drew1204; 02-05-2020 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 0