Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _BSMM5 View Post
I bought a 2015 F80 5 days ago.. dealership buy so no previous owner information.

Loving the car so far but over the past few days I've noticed a few things that are obviously not stock where the previous owner has coded some things.

- GTS Logo on dash when starting up
- Door open sound is not typical gong noise
- No seat belt warnings
- 5 flash blinker instead of 3
- Fold up mirrors

I like all of these things and don't care one way or the other - here is what concerns me:

- Vehicle is equipped with EDC but it is coded out completley, doesn't even show up on dash.

- After checking for coilovers/springs, it has KW HAS which should retain factory EDC, and the EDC plugs were just tucked away.

- Reverse lamp malfunction/No reverse lights (this could be due to a number of issues other than coding

- Sideview camera malfunction (they both come on when you activate for about 2 seconds then one turns blue and it disappears, not as concerned about this as I had it on my M5 and never used it once)

Out of all this, what I would really like back is EDC, did he have coilovers with the delete and was then too lazy to recode-plug back in after? Is there something wrong with the EDC? How can I code it back in?

If I take it to the dealer and ask them to reset the car, how much are money are they going to suck out of me? (car is out of warranty).

Could there be more errors or codes being hidden by the code?

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated! I'm not afraid of doing some coding/uncoding myself if there is a good way to check for these things - while I haven't done coding for BMWs, I am an engineer with software exp. and am willing to learn given the right direction.
Sounds like someone had coilovers and LCI tails and parted out before selling.

You'll need someone to remote code to fix everything or return to a clean slate. EDC computer is likely unplugged also. Dealer can help, but will likely need to open a PUMA case as the VO needs to be modified.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
_BSMM5127.50