01-29-2019, 07:19 AM   #71
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by de Witt View Post
IIRC that is a Getrag in the 335is. In my experience, Getrags are very stiff when cold and produce rattling/whine with some clicking noise when engaging the clutch; your location in Canada only compounds the problem. If the Getrag in your 335is is anything like the G280/5.50 and 5.51 in my E28 and E34, they are very finnicky with fluid selection, so if informed/experienced individuals are getting better results with Redline D6 ATF, it could be worth it. There will be noise and stiffness, but it might shorten the duration and severity of both.

As for the threat question, on cold starts I crank the engine, let the rpms drop to the set idle speed (about 5-15 seconds depending on ambient temps) and then drive off. I want the transmission to get up to temps along with the engine and differential before proceeding to hit higher rpms.
Thanks for the reply. Honestly I don't care for the noise as long as it doesn't cause bad premature wear... but the metal clicking noises that sounds like in the fork area and not inside the transmission itself so Shouldn't cause to much damage I think.
Appreciate 0